Effective Date: November 24, 2022
Penn Alexander HSA collects personally identifiable information from you, which may include your name, address, email address, password, work phone number, cell phone number, home phone number, Philadelphia School District volunteer clearance status and expiration date (if applicable), payment information (e.g., credit card number, banking information) and giving/order history (including the Penn Alexander HSA gear purchased). We also collect the personal information of your children from you, which may include your child’s name, grade and teacher/room number. This information is collected and stored electronically when you register an account, purchase Penn Alexander HSA gear, donate, sign up to be a volunteer, sign up to join a working group, subscribe to the Penn Alexander HSA Community Google Calendar or subscribe to ePony (our weekly newsletter).
We further may collect the personal information of your children from the Philadelphia School District to maintain the accuracy of our records. For instance, before the school year begins, we will use the personal information from the Philadelphia School District to update student grade, teacher and classroom assignments.
Information Collected Automatically
In addition, information about your computer hardware and software is automatically collected by Penn Alexander HSA when you use the Site. This information may include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, referring website addresses and other technical information such as protocol status and substatus, bytes sent and received, and server information. We may also collect information about how you interact with the Site. This information is used by us for our business purposes, including for the operation and improvement of the Site, for technical troubleshooting, to maintain quality of the Site and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Site.
Cookies and Other Information Collection Tools
What are cookies? A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website or use an online service. When you visit the website or use the service again, the cookie allows that website or online service to recognize your browser or device. Cookies may store unique identifiers, user preferences and other information.
Duration of Cookies. We may use “session cookies” or “persistent cookies.” Session cookies are temporary and expire once you close your browser or once your session ends. Persistent cookies remain on your device for much longer or until you or your browser erase them. Persistent cookies have varying durations that are dependent on their expiration date.
How do I control cookies? Web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to manage and delete cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Some web browsers provide settings that allow a user to reject cookies or to alert a user when a cookie is placed on the user’s computer, tablet or mobile device. Most mobile devices also offer settings to reject mobile device identifiers. Although users are not required to accept cookies or mobile device identifiers, blocking or rejecting them may prevent access to some features available through the Site.
How Information is Used
We may use the information we collect for any of the following purposes:
- to provide the Site to you and to improve the Site;
- to give each user a more consistent and personalized experience when interacting with us;
- to provide you with information about upcoming events, fundraising and/or volunteer opportunities, important school notices, principle weekly updates and ePony;
- to fulfil your requests, including registering your account, signing you up for volunteer opportunities and processing your donation and/or your order for Penn Alexander HSA gear;
- to enable you to participate in Board Member voting;
- to provide you access to the Penn Alexander HSA directory;
- for customer service, security, to detect fraud or illegal activities, and for archival and backup purposes in connection with the provision of the Site; and
- to communicate with you.
Sharing of Information
- With Penn Alexander HSA Staff and Teachers. We share your personal information with our staff and teachers on a need-to-know basis.
- With Third Party Service Providers Performing Services on Our Behalf. We share your personal information with our service providers to perform the functions for which we engage them. For example, we may use third parties to host the Site or assist us in providing functionality on the Site, provide data analytics on the Site, send out emails on our behalf and to process payments and donations.
- Penn Alexander HSA Directory. You may specify whether you would like your information to be listed on the Penn Alexander HSA directory through your account. If you do so, your name, address and phone number as well as your child’s name and grade/room number will be visible to others with access to the directory.
- For Legal Purposes. We also may share information that we collect from users as needed to enforce our rights, protect our property or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions. We will disclose personal information as we deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request or other legal or regulatory process. We may also share personal information as required to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain.
- Changes of Control. We reserve the right to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Penn Alexander HSA does not share your personal information with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
You may view and correct your information by logging into your account. You may also opt out of receiving ePony and any other promotional emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in any such emails. Please note that if you opt out of receiving these types of emails from us, this does not impact other transactional and administrative messages which you will continue to receive (such as emails relating to billing and payment information).
Links to External Websites and Online Services
Security Used & Retention of Personal Information
Penn Alexander HSA uses reasonable security measures designed to prevent unauthorized intrusion to the Site and the alteration, acquisition or misuse of personal information. However, please note that the security of information transmitted through the Internet can never be guaranteed. We are not responsible for any interception or interruption of any communications through the Internet or for changes to or losses of data. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information.
Do Not Track
Our Site does not currently take any action when it receives a Do Not Track request. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected across websites when you have not interacted with that service on the page. For details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us.
No parts of our Site are directed to or designed to attract anyone under the age of thirteen. We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from any person under the age of thirteen.
Questions / Contact Us
Notification of Changes