Obtaining Clearances for Volunteering
Most volunteer positions are required to complete this School District of Philadelphia Volunteer Checklist before helping at school. This includes:
1. Signing the School District of Philadelphia Volunteer Code of Conduct
2. Completing the Child Abuse History Clearance
3. Completing the PA State Criminal Background Check
4. Submitting the Certificate of Volunteer Orientation Completion
5. Submitting Proof of Covid-19 Vaccination
In addition, if you have lived outside Pennsylvania in the last 10 years, you must also complete:
6a. FBI Background Check
If you HAVE lived in PA in the last 10 years you must sign:
6b. Volunteer Affirmation
The Child Abuse History Clearance and PA State Criminal Background Check are FREE, but the FBI clearance will cost approx. $27. You can submit your fingerprints at the UPS store on Spruce Street near 38th Street.
This process can take time, particularly if you have not lived in Pennsylvania for 10 years, so please act now! Volunteers are needed as soon as the school year starts. Once all paperwork is completed, submit this form:
If you are unable to do so, submit your completed packet to the main office or email it to PAS Penn Coordinator Ann Kreidle.
Clearances are valid for five years.