Giving to the Home and School Association of Penn Alexander
The Home and School Association of the Sadie Tanner Mossell Alexander University of Pennsylvania Partnership School (HSA of PAS), a 501(c)(3) organization, is made up of you: hard-working parents, caretakers, and educators who support the school through fundraising and volunteerism. All current parents, guardians, faculty, and staff are voting members of the HSA.
The HSA's goal is to help maintain, empower, and further enhance Penn Alexander School in order to provide the best possible learning environment for our children. One of the ways we do that is by raising money to help fill in the gaps, and we ask for donations several times a year. Every dollar you donate goes right back to our children, our teachers, our classrooms, and / or our school.
Your Gift Supports:
- Full time art program & classroom supplies
- Building & playground supplies
- Teacher & staff appreciation throughout the year
- Teaching materials including software, books, and supplies
- Classroom programming including science fair and field trips
- Subsidize expenses so ALL children can participate in everything
- Click HERE for more about the HSA
- $75,000 to the general fund, through Fall Family Giving and Giving Tuesday appeals. Once we hit this goal number, we will stop asking!*
- $25,000 goal for teacher and staff recognition and giving. Our teacher and staff fundraising allows the HSA to equitably distribute appreciation gifts, ensuring all teachers and staff are acknowledged. *We pass 100% of funds collected through to the teachers and staff and will ask for these donations in December and again in June.
- 100% family participation: gifts have ranged from $1 - $1,000+
- Give what fits your budget: no amount is too small!
- Volunteer! Click HERE for ideas
- Support fundraisers such as PAS gear, yearbooks, pretzels, and the book fair
- Attend events such as the Fall Festival, Pancake Breakfast, Ice Skating Party, Talent Show, Musical, Bingo Night, and the 5K
- 'Round Up' when paying for field trips and school supplies. The HSA ensures that every child gets to participate in ALL school-sanctioned activities. Rounding up your fees helps us off-set the cost for those who need it.
The Home and School Association is a 501(c)(3) organization. Our TIN is 11-3707471.
Checks and cash can also be left in the main office. Include your student(s)' name on the envelope and write 'HSA donation' in the memo. Make checks payable to: Home & School Association of Penn Alexander
c/o Penn Alexander School
4209 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
To avoid check fraud, never put a check in a blue mailbox!
HOW YOUR DONATION WILL HELP PENN ALEXANDER:
- Sunday, September 24
- Monday, September 25
- Tuesday, September 26
- Wednesday, September 27
- Thursday, September 28