2024-25 Home and School Association Open Board Positions
Why Should I Join the HSA Board?
- Deepen your connection to PAS; volunteers are essential to the success of our school
- Help the school maintain its current level of events, communication, and fundraising success
- Being more connected to your child's school helps make you more connected to them and their teachers and helps create the best possible learning environment
- Get the inside scoop on what's happening and influence HSA priorities
- Make new friends and connections
Fundraising Chair (2024-25 School Year)
This position helps create and manage a plan and schedule for fundraising appeals (such as Giving Tuesday) and opportunities (such as musical and 5K sponsorships) as well as track fundraising information and report on fundraising activity. This position oversees the fundraising working group with the goal of creating and executing new fundraising ideas and plans.
Secretary (2024-26 School Years)
The Secretary attends general member and executive board meetings, takes minutes, and records votes. This position manages the communications working group and HSA communications, through Membership Toolkit, social media, and the HSA website.
Treasurer (2024-26 School Years)
The Treasurer manages HSA bank accounts, creates and reports on the yearly HSA budget, creates monthly reports, processes payment requests, and pays appropriate dues, fees, and bills. This position also manages the finance working group.
Vice President (2024-26 School Years)
The Vice President is required to fill in for the President when the President is unable to perform their duties. This position is responsible for engaging with parents, faculty, and staff to ensure everyone feels welcome, engaged, and appreciated. This position also runs the HSA elections process. The Vice President manages the Teacher & Staff Appreciation Working Group and the Nominations Working Group and coordinates with Equity Circle and School Advisory Council.
Terms & Details
Most positions are for a two-year term. No elections will be held if one only person is nominated for each position. Positions can be split between two people. New board members will be voted on / announced at the May 2 HSA meeting, and the term begins July 1.
Board members are asked to:
- Check and respond to @hsapennalexander.org email a few times a week
- Attend executive board meetings 1 - 2 times a month
- Attend general HSA board meetings 5 - 6 times a year
- Plan committee meetings and create / update / help execute project plans
- Contribute to shared board calendar, documents, and project plans
- Get clearances
For full details on board responsibilities, refer to Article 18 of the HSA Bylaws. If you wish to take on either of these positions or have any questions, please contact Nicole Carl. We are also seeking people to serve on the nominating committee to help guide the elections process.