Support Penn Alexander
Tax Note: Thank you for your generous donations in 2022! If you need a tax letter summarizing your
calendar year 2022 donations, please contact Treasurer Jaie Bosse.
There are many ways to directly support the HSA:
Buy PAS Gear
How your donation will help Penn Alexander:
The Home and School Association is a 501(c)(3) organization (TIN is 11-3707471).
Events & Fundraisers
- Collaborated with Room Parents to raise $16,214 for Holiday Gifts to all teachers and staff members.
- Giving Tuesday total received is up to $51,400 with 53% of families participating!
Thank you for helping us reach our giving goals!
Teaching & Classroom Supplies
- Wrote check to Philadelphia School District to fund the Art Teacher position ($50,000)
- Art Project ($45)
- Leadership books for Admin Team ($99)
Classroom Events & Field Trips
- 7th Grade - Eastern State Penitentiary ($474): HSA covered 15% of the cost ($71)
- Room 109 - Charlotte’s Web ($325): Parents paid for this - thank you!
- Kindergarten, 4th, and 5th Grade - Drexel Women’s Basketball (FREE) Note: The money paid for the initially planned St Joe’s Basketball Game is being rolled into 4th and 5th Grade Field Trips in January and February
- 3rd Grade - Franklin Institute ($955): HSA covered 27% of the cost ($255)
After School Events
Professional Development & Staff Appreciation
- Holiday staff dinner, holiday staff gifts and related supplies: ($15,456)
- Extra rollover staff appreciation funds from gifts collected post-holiday disbursement: $758
- Helped purchase microscopes and other supplies for middle school science with $3,700 grant from Society for Developmental Biology coordinated by parent Jennifer Skirkanich
- Facilitated a donation of $543.60 for December 16th Pajama Day for CHOP
- Filed 2022 990 and paid accountant $675
- Gave $1,000 from the Family Support Fund to a family in need
Fiscal Year to Date:
- Income: $124,155
- Expenses: $134,993
- Tuesday, February 7
- Wednesday, February 8
Thank you, Sponsors!